Header Info

Evening Sky, 10:00 p.m., May 16, 2016

Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Neighborhood Scenes

Just around the corner, our neighbor's fence is a split rail fence, the kind we see most often here. 

Yesterday the late afternoon light provided a nice scene.  Some tracks led up to the fence and crossed to the other side.  If you look closely you'll see the culprit back by the bushes.

A bull moose was bedded down taking a rest, digesting some of those tasty willows he'd been eating.

A cow was bedded down on the other side of the brush, but well-concealed.  Before long, they'll be up and about, looking for more delicate twigs to munch on. 

More on their meanderings next time.....

I'm linking up with Good Fences
at the Run "A" Round Ranch Report.

I'm also linking up with Gaelyn's Foto Friday Fun #97
with a photo from my archives, Index No. 2799.
It was taken on a trip to Northway, almost to the Canadian border, on May 6, 2011, looking for parts for Marty's '56 Crown Victoria.  The scene is the Tanana River during breakup, with huge chunks of ice and debris floating on the river.

16 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I love your arctic views. We don't see many moose down this way :( (a few gators)

eileeninmd said...

Hello Elaine, I love the pretty winter scenes.. And the moose is awesome.. Great photos, have a happy Friday!

TexWisGirl said...

the moose are awesome! love the fence and that fluffy, thick snow, too!

Montanagirl said...

Your snowy fence and moose photos are excellent, Elaine! I really like the close-up of the bull Moose.

Barbara Rogers said...

How thrilling to see wildlife that's bigger than a squirrel...by a long shot!

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful photos of the fence, snow and moose! What a nice treat to photograph the moose. Have a good weekend.

Country Gal said...

Fantastic photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

21 Wits said...

Holy Moose! Lucky you. Even when we drive in Canada with Moose signs everywhere around us, still no moose for us! I have to go to our local zoo! Very nice wintry views in your world too!

Gaelyn said...

So fun to see moose wandering around, or in this case bedded down. The ice breakup is beautiful. Thanks for linking in.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

The snow covered scenery is amazingly beautiful and I love the Moose. Have a great weekend.

William Kendall said...

We do get moose here out in the countryside. It's been awhile since I've seen one. Quite a pair!

Arija said...

I well know your winter is long and hard but with moose in the offing and snow clinging to the branches, I'm still envious, particularly since we'll be climbing over 100F again today. It is co cooling to drink in the coolness of your snow scenes.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Love seeing your beautiful area in the winter -- we loved it in the summer and fall (wimpy tourists that we are). Thanks for sharing.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love your Arctic views! It would be so fun to see a moose out my window.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snow,the fence and then the addition of the moose make a most wonderful picture.

Rose said...

Oh, Eileen, I so love seeing your part of the country...I would love to be up there one winter. At least for a while.